[Cob] Superinsulation in Victoria, BC

Anna Young avjyoung at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 25 13:49:16 CDT 2010

I am looking for guidance on the appropriate amount of insulation to use in
our top floor walls and roof. We have pumice cob and strawbale infill on the
first floor, but are confustigated about amounts and options upstairs.
Husband (tall and really likes his headroom and quick construction) and I
(short and really wanting low energy costs for next 100 years) are having a
hard time finding insulation levels we can agree on. To save one of us
stuffing the other into the wall cavity for some peace, I am looking for
input and links to suitable insulation levels in our climate. It rarely gets
over 30 in the summer for long and rarely freezes for more than a week in
the winter. We would like to superinsulate with something fairly green and
low energy.

Anna

Building a timberframe w cob and strawbale infill in Victoria BC