[Cob] Cob dome roof?

Dulane silkworm at spiderhollow.com
Sun Jul 25 20:59:28 CDT 2010

On my small cob hut, I used some recycled pond liner (over lumber), plus 3
in of soils, straw and local moss. It is tricky to attach a rubber or
plastic roof over wood without putting holes in it, but it can be done.

In a pinch, heavy weight plastic will work, as long as there is a good UV
resistant covering. If it is well covered by organic materials, plastic
should last indefinitely. You can even overlap it as long as the top sheet
overlaps the bottom on an incline.