[Cob] Logs are in decks

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 01:12:58 CDT 2010

Hey hey hey!
The logs are up where they will be used to build the cob house! The
straw also and covered. Now it's bags and lime, rebar and misc hardware
required by my Civil Engineer. What a job that was with 12 to 14 in dia
logs up to 15 and 16 feet long and still wet!

With those items I can proceed with the cob cistern which I have decided
will be one foot thick walls to start with (later can add two feet to
help insulate more) 15 feet across and 4 feet high. I'll seal it with
anything that will work and is non toxic. If anyone has ideas, I am open.

The psi samples are nearly ready for testing. Maybe one or two more
weeks in the sun. I still have 3 good cylinder samples from a few months
ago that are like concrete and I'll have at least one tested and take
one to my Civil Engineer and one to the County.

Looks like a go for Spring so far.

Janet Standeford OR
www.buildingnaturally.info (Owned by you)
A resource for healthy homes.