[Cob] Mosaics in the shower

Jill Hogan jill.hogan at mat.org.za
Tue Aug 17 07:00:45 CDT 2010

  Using gloves we pick the leaves and then cut them up into a barrel.
Wetop it up with water and leave the leaves brewing for three weeks at
least. We then sive the leaves out and slake our lime int  the prickly
pear water. We get a lovely creamy render mix that very rarely cracks. I
also use this mixture watered down and with salt added for a paint over
my buildings. As we live in the semi desert with intense heat in summer
we get massive expansion and contraction so paint the buildings every
year, just before the rainy season in winter,  I am in South Africa in
what we call the Karoo.