[Cob] traditional building, sort of

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Thu Sep 16 19:00:14 CDT 2010

I have a hard time picturing what he is doing. I too throw cob up on
to a wall with a pitchfork, but my cob is too wet to walk on and my
experience has been that once cob splooges out you can not shape it
back the way it should by by slapping it with a 2 x 4. If the cob is
soft enough you can redistribute splooged out cob by putting one hand
on one side and one hand on the other side of a wall, push in and
pull up. This will reshape very wet cob. Hitting cob or slapping it
tends to make it splooge out more.  There might be a phase between
wet and dry where this will work. I have never found that phase, but
I have never looked for it.

Ed