[Cob] Foundations

Glenna Elf ladyglennaelf at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 19 15:14:52 CDT 2010

Hi folks....

    I would think that there are too many variables to get a clear cut answer, but thought I would throw it out there to the group.  How thick does a concrete foundation need to be for alternative built  homes ??
    Would a wall made of  cob, plastered strawbales, earthbags weigh more then a commonly made ' stick '  house wall ??     Granted the stick wall ought to be lighter....but all the weight is focused on the four inches.   Where as the other forms the  weight is spread over at least 16 inches...and most more then that.

Glenna....Lord Reaper's lil Sajorte

Save the Earth.  It is the only planet with chocolate