[Cob] Linseed oil sealant coat for the winter?

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Tue Nov 23 15:37:56 CST 2010

	You do not want to apply a finish until it is dry. I have a couple
skinny tarps used for covering wood piles (3 foot wide and 20 foot
long) and which I use to cover the top of the wall. This will allow
it to dry out but still keep the majority of the rain off the top.
This is particularly true if, like me, you put thumb holes on the top
of the wall help with drying and to bond with the next course of cob.
You can also use the mixing tarps folded into thirds. The idea is
that the sides are exposed to the air for drying the top sheds rain.

Ed