[Cob] styrocob

Howard Switzer howard at earthandstraw.com
Thu Jan 27 14:04:56 CST 2011

I think it is about appropriate use.  I think styro in the walls would
decrease cob strength, possibly critically.  But I'm with you on finding
appropriate use for the wasted materials.  Styro is often used sub-grade
because there are few options for natural insulation that do well below
grade.  Insulating the outside of your rubble trench foundation has it
benefits.  Remember you can insulate horizontally too.