[Cob] styrocob

Joseph Kennedy livingearth62 at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 27 17:49:08 CST 2011

I made some cob with clay and vermiculite to insulate a cob oven, and it worked well.  While styrofoam couldn't be used for such a purpose, I think the workability would be similar, so I say go for it for non-structural purposes.  I would grind it superfine (but how to do that without creating airblown particles???)

I say experiment with it all.  There will be an appropriate use for all cob admixtures somewhere by somebody.

Joe Kennedy