[Cob] Got the permit - an epic event in (modern) cob history

Ocean Liff-Anderson ocean at fireworksvenue.com
Fri Feb 25 02:00:50 CST 2011

Of course it would be Ray Cirino, our resident coblist Mystic, to be
the one to cast this momentous event into its proper light, on the
grand, epic scale that we are all moving towards - sustainability,
evolution, peace, harmony, one more step towards the new Garden of Eden.

However, I don't think Ray really meant to imply that he looks
forward to another "disaster" to prove any point.  Bad semantics?
Maybe we should read Ray's post to say "we can't afford to wait for
another disaster..."  Whatever the case, unfortunately, such sad
events seem inevitable, given our culture's resistance to change,
where we are far too comfortable with the status quo.

On the positive note - yes, this event will open doors everywhere -
into cob buildings, radically affordable housing, freedom from the
poisoned mortgage-financial-feudal economy.

Ocean