[Cob] Damage to Living Roof Membrane

James Busse bussejj at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 28 07:00:21 CDT 2011

Hi:

I took the Cob Cottage Course in 2009 in preparation to building our home in
Ukraine.  We want to have a living roof on our home but are concerned about
possible damage to the waterproof membrane by animals or insects.  In Ukraine we
have not been able to obtain any of the more elegant membranes so what we are
using is just ordinary.  We are discussing now whether we should cover the
membrane with metal to prevent animals from clawing or eating their way through
it.  Sure would appreciate hearing from you if you have any experience or
knowledge in this area.

Many thanks in advance,

Jim Busse