[Cob] Joe Kennedy comments on biochar in earth ovens

Shawn King sbkingster at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 14:57:28 CDT 2011

Biochar volume production, good issue to raise!  Ray, how was the
biochar implemented in the stove?  I am very curious about your
design.  I've seen the videos of the dragon (wow!!) but I would like
to know more about your char design in particular. My experience with
the canister is that my biochar volume winds up at about 50% of what I
put in the can as twigs/wood debris.  The process only took about 10
minutes or so, so I could have run multiple canister-loads on the one
burn of the oven if I had multiple canisters ready.  The oven cooked
as it normally does, so I'm sure I did not loose heating efficiency to
any practical degree. All this on only one run, so I need to repeat to
learn more.

Biochar and cob converging, yahoo!!