[Cob] Joe Kennedy comments on biochar in earth ovens

Joseph Kennedy livingearth62 at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 25 17:49:42 CDT 2011

Dear Shawn and Ray,

I am thinking of a biochar "cooker" that could be inserted like a drawer into the firing chamber and easily slid out with not too much loss of heat.  Maybe several interchangable drawers, like old 8-tracks that could be slotted in and removed when the biochar is ready, with the biochar removed as generated during the firing of the oven.  Or maybe like those old fashioned popcorn poppers used in fireplaces, now that would be a cool use of old tech!  Gotta find me one of those to try.  Biocharpopper.

Mad science for all!

Best,

Joe