[Cob] Coblist Digest, Vol 9, Issue 50

Robert Alcock ralcock at euskalnet.net
Tue Apr 26 04:49:52 CDT 2011

Hi Shawn

Thanks for that. I did something very similar, but instead of making
holes in the lid, I just made a little dent in the rim of the lid (such
as you might make while opening a tin of paint with a screwdriver.) That
way the gases could escape easily but there was no problem with air
getting in and reigniting the fuel once it had gone to char.
see http://www.abrazohouse.org/?p=237

I'm still waiting for someone to design a really functional biochar
heating/cooking stove!
Good luck with the experiments...

Robert
www.abrazohouse.org