[Cob] Cob in Oregon

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Sat May 7 16:29:40 CDT 2011

Hi all,
It's been some time since an update.

Check out the site http://mystonehaven.com for changes on the permitted
cob home I will hopefully be living in by winter. _Please look at the
front page on my website for amenities._

It turns out that the logs are probably going to be eliminated from the
walls of the house and that the cob mix used will be the 240-250 psi
mix, as opposed to the 360 which has much less straw.

The foundation has changed from a stem wall to shoveling out between the
big rocks on the terrace and tamping in gravel (my unit owns a gravel pit).

We have already started removing bark from the logs and should be done
within a couple weeks maximum.  I am still processing the logs for
building as I have not been told by Shane yet that we will /not/ use
them. Besides they will probably still be used for roof tie downs and
will surely be used for the walkway and for a garbage shed.

The foundation shoveling will begin within two weeks.

The backhoe should be here within a week so we can start digging out and
crushing/filtering the sandy clay for mixing.

Happy cobbing....Janet