[Cob] workshop living

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Mon May 16 10:52:27 CDT 2011

Here in Pickens County, Georgia, what I've figured out is any
structure 120 sqft or under doesn't need a permit, and with no
permit, no inspections either! But I think 120 sqft is pretty cramped
for a dwelling, unless you live like the natives (only use your
building for sleeping but live outside). Come this summer when
temperatures soar to 100, I'll be staying outside in the shade
because my stick-frame is like an oven! That's one reason I'm
interested in cob. I'm building a 200 sqft shed that needs no
inspections because I started it before they changed the size a
couple years ago. I guess they figured too many people where building
200 sqft houses to get around the inspections!
Damon