[Cob] building

Damon Howell dhowell at pickensprogress.com
Wed Jun 8 15:25:03 CDT 2011

What say y'all about holding the roof up on posts and cobbing around
the posts? Do you think that kind of plan would get approval of
building officials? I've heard (I think it may have been on here)
that post-and-beam structures with "cob infill" have been approved in
the past. One of the things I would worry about if I didn't know
about cob would be its ability to hold up the roof, 1, and it's
insulation properties. We've mentioned that a few times and it's not
passing on that front. If I could make the case of the U-value being
great, therefore the R-value can lack a little, they may say "ok."
Otherwise I'll be building a 2 ft. thick wall that would never heat
up with the sun.
Damon in Georgia, USA