[Cob] finishing the floor review

Tys Sniffen tys at ideamountain.com
Thu Jun 23 11:47:21 CDT 2011

All,

Once again, going over material that has been talked about before, but just
to ask about my specific situation:

We're getting close to putting linseed oil on the floor (and, yes, I know
about being careful with it - rags do spontaneously combust!).  We've
decided to use a citrus thinner, instead of mineral spirits - bought this
product: http://www.realmilkpaint.com/citrus.html  I will let you know how
it turns out.

My main question though is: when do we do the wax?  Do we melt it into the
final oil/thinner mix? Do it afterwards on top? And, does anyone have any
product recommendations? And amounts per  square foot? I love the idea of
just pure beeswax, but it seems like that could be really expensive to try
and cover our 900-ish sq ft floor.

You can see where we're at by visiting www.ideamountain.com for photos.

Tys