[Cob] Hello and introduction

Andrew Purke atmaninall at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 13:34:30 CDT 2011

Greetings all

My name is Andy and I’ve been lurking on this list for some
time now gathering information for my upcoming cob projects.

I’ll be ready to start building in the spring, starting
small with a tool shed and working my way up to an art studio (about 200 square
feet). Already built a cob oven that worked out great.

The soil here is poor for growing but loaded with clay so
cob seems a good choice of material.

I have the following books to get me started:

The Hand Sculpted House

Building with Cob

The Cobbers Companion

And Becky Bee’s book

But could use some advice from experienced cobbers.

Just wanted to introduce myself before jumping in with
questions so as not to seem rude.

Thanks in advance

Andy