[Cob] Repairing eroded limewash over earthern plaster

Hugh Withycombe hughali at webone.com.au
Sun Feb 12 20:24:00 CST 2012

I have some eroded patches where hail damage and heavy rain has broken through limewash on an earth plastered wall.  In some places the wash out goes about 2cm or just less than an inch deep.  In other it is just the limewash and the finishing coat of plaster that has been removed.  I am looking for some advice as to whether it is better to remove all the limewash from the affected areas, then replaster and put a top coat of limewash.  Or can I just fill the area with a thicker lime plaster and skip the earthern fill?
Thanks in advance, Hugh Withycombe Canberra Australia