[Cob] cob shake test info

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Mon May 21 11:56:51 CDT 2012

Hi, I believe load bearing was 350 and I met or went over  that with one
sample (with the least amount of straw)  and was at 240 I think with
another sample.

The latter was loaded with straw.
Ultimately you sacrifice psi for insulation but the overall strength is
still there, just not like engineers are used to seeing it.

Plus, if you notice this house has a center stud wall. I will fill in with
cob and put windows that open in strategic places for light and direct heat.

btw To anyone interested, ALL the pages of the plans are online at
www.mystonehaven.com under the heading house on the left. They are NOT
under plans yet.

The guide book that came with the plans is very thick and not available. It
does include code that was referred to.

I guess if you come to help with the house you can read it.