[Cob] cob shake test info

Janet Standeford janet.standeford at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:11:08 CDT 2012

The problem here is that when you are in the middle of a wall, you cannot
wait for the cob to cure enough in a psi container!
You have to go by feel and all the preliminary tests such as determining
the strength through the snake test, etc.

It took my samples at least 3 months to cure enough to get a 350 psi? I
can't remember the exact number at the moment but it was load bearing.

Wet cob is not going to get anywhere near those numbers. It will simply
fall apart!

When you are racing weather, you can't take this kind of time to psi test
periodically. That would be insane.