[Cob] Dealing with seams between lime and earthen plasters?

Brian Ziggy evacindustry at gmail.com
Fri Jun 29 17:23:18 CDT 2012

Hiya all:

I am in the process of designing our plaster selection for our new timber
frame & straw bale home. I have not done extensive lime plaster work
before. We'd like to do a mix of lime and earth on the exterior, or
different plasters depending on the individual susceptibility of each wall
to rain damage.

I'm doubtful of how well a seam between earth and lime plasters would do.
Has anyone ever plastered with earth and lime on the same wall with a seam?

- ziggy

--
I live at: http://dancingrabbit.org