[Cob] more on lime wash

Howard Switzer howard at earthandstraw.com
Wed Aug 1 15:16:45 CDT 2012

The color of lime plaster can be due to the color of the sand used.  I've
had some very bright white walls using clean white sands, but peachy walls
using sand that had some red clay or iron in it, and gray walls with other
sands, sands uncleaned may have color pigments in it.  If just a straight
lime white wash on earthen plaster it may take several coats to get to
white.

--
Howard Switzer - Architect
668 Hurricane Creek Road

"You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model
obsolete."
-- Richard Buckminster
Fuller<http://www.goodreads.com/author/show/165737.Richard_Buckminster_Fuller>