[Cob] Looking for answers

Jeff Houston jhouston58 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 17:35:59 CST 2013

I have a few questions about Cob building. I hope someone can help me
out or point me in the right directions. First off is I have a bad back.
In fact I am on disability because of it. I can do minor things, but
lifting heavy objects repeatedly is definitely not one of them. So my
main question is, exactly HOW hard is it to build one of these? I love
the idea, and love the concept. I would LOVE to build one of these
myself but I am just not sure I am physically able to do it. I was
hoping someone could give me an idea of exactly how strenuous,
particularly on the back this process is. I do plan to get some help,
and maybe they could do the bulk of the heavy stuff but I am just not
one to sit around and watch and most likely would try to jump in and do
some things I will regret the next day. I dont want to continually be
doing something thats gonna lay me up for a few days before I can jump
back into it. Now for my next question. I am in North Carolina and have
been scouring the internet for some workshops here in NC. I found one
but the scheduled date for it was like 2011 I think it was, several
years ago:) So I think I missed that one! Does anyone know of some
ACTIVE resources in North Carolina that I could get up with? It seems
everyone I have found online have not been around very much in the last
year or two. I apreciate any and all help I can get on either of these
two subjects!