[Cob] natural building purism, practicality & appropriate, technology

Ivan ivan at communityearth.org
Mon Mar 4 18:26:29 CST 2013

Hi Kristen,

I do not doubt that the concrete mixer worked - I was just surprised
having been told otherwise 8 years ago! I believe your experience over
those who may have tried and failed... perhaps the mix is wetter than
how I learned to make cob? (...which today I realize can be played with
easily enough).

And please I want it to be known that I do not judge your choice, every
alternative building is a step in the right direction - in fact I am
very happy with your decisions and the progress you have made and for
sharing this with us. I salut you! And for those with little time or
physical conditions I think that mixing in the concrete mixer sounds to
be a good compromise (with the values discussed and electricity willing)
and I was also just bringing to light some other alternatives that most
don't consider.

Keep up the good work and love to see the pics

love
Ivan