[Cob] bobcat vs rototiller

Pavel Velikodvorsky willyns59 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 08:39:10 CST 2014

Hello!
Thanks for your sharing guys!
What i mean by huge amounts is this:
during the summer, uisng concrete mixer for mixing the clay\sand\water,
dumping this mixture to the pit and stomping the straw in it we, with 2
helpers could make like 1-1,2 m3 a day with applying it on the wall. We
were doing it "freehand", let's say canonical :) as Ianto Evans teaches us
in his book.
Now, for this season i will use forms made of OSB - and since this project
much bigger than my small cob shed I need to produce amounts way bigger
than 1m3 a day. As I could calculate i will need 80+ m3 of cob for the
walls. (!!)
As I see it, I will mix with the bobcat\rototiller whole day, keep it aside
and put in forms as fast as it possible in regard of drying.

Cheers!
Pavel