[Cob] Making lime

Pavel Velikodvorsky willyns59 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 2 12:11:19 CDT 2014

Hello, everyone!
it would be interesting to know about the shredded paper :)
I am experimenting with the natural plasters on my cob walls and used the
oakum (which we name here in Ukraine and Russia - paklya, which refers to
"pack"; this thing old-school plumbers use for the pipe joints etc.)
http://images.sevstar.net/images/22538395346718301675.jpg
http://images.sevstar.net/images/34258188061477524389.jpg
http://images.sevstar.net/images/35867118834996389284.jpg

It really looks and feel and works better for me than the chopped straw. No
lime, just sieved clay - the same i used for the cob, sieved quarry sand
and water. Very cool stuff, and it works great!

Hope it's ok that it is a little off Mike's topic ;)

All the best for all,
Pasha