[Cob] R value of cob vs strawbale

Henry Raduazo raduazo at cox.net
Tue Feb 10 08:42:09 CST 2015

Debora:
	Why not try both. You can build a hybrid structure that uses straw bale on the outside and load bearing cob as the interior wall thus giving yourself both insulation where it is needed and biomass for storing solar energy and providing a strong load bearing wall that will not compress over time and crack your walls as some load bearing straw bale walls are known to do..

	For pictures of hybrid construction send a request to me personally because pictures are not allowed on the coblist list.

Ed