Cob: RE: Re: Temperatures

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Mon Jan 6 22:27:35 CST 2003

Well, technically, the R-value is for the wood itself.  The overall
R-value would have to consider the wall's mortar area's R-value, which
would be less.  A cob mortar would thermally be better than a cement one
and would probably (get along with the wood better) in terms of
expansion and contraction.  Somebody out there, I think was going to
experiment with cob and coordwood.  What were the results?

Darel