Cob: cob blocks?

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Wed Jan 15 00:41:53 CST 2003

I don't know about the book you're referring to but, its probably better
to not dry in direct sunlight for an initial period of a few days.  I've
heard of it it's too hot a surface layer will dry and keep the interior
from drying as quickly as it could.  A long drying period is better in
my opinion.  To quick a force dry would stress the material (any
material really, even wood).   Also by enclosed I suppose you still have
windows to open and allow ventilation.  If you have too long of a drying
period a mold may form.  Not a problem if you brush it off, in my
opinion, but some people are sensitive and it would effect subsequent
renderings depending on thickness.

I've seen this when drying foods as well, if it goes to quick a skin
layer will form on the outerside and keep the inside from drying well.

Darel