Cob: Re: Tolkien never owned a television or a washing machine

Mike Swink mswink77 at mindspring.com
Wed Jan 15 19:35:59 CST 2003

Oh God they are HERE too.

But honestly as I read and saw children stomping the cob mix and building
huts at one of the cob sites. What could our generation could have benifited
from these  humble abodes, to rent or escape to in times of change

. It is endless what a person can benifit from such simple dwellings. Not to
mention the self confindence that could come from building one at the young
age when kids are full of selfess desire and energy that would create thier
own if only directed.

I guess there is a little hobbit in our make up. And we do dream of a slower
pace of life in this world where people THINK that everything should happen
in a nano sec but in reality trees still take almost a decade to thier prime
harvest of pecan etc.
And nine months for other things to begin. I seen a lot of rug rats this
past december. And there is a wisdom in that they come into this world one
step at a time.

Imagine a hobbit comeing here today? He would just kill over the first time
he was placed on the streets of a large city..

Guess wars and all the horrors of the past still happen today sad. Peoples
nature is seen like a reflection of a mirror of what they build . I hope
like in the movie I watched that people will ponder these words.
"We live in the world we create".

Hope a few hobbit souls will survive.