Cob: Re: Mud Hut

Adam Henne adamhenne at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 16 16:18:14 CST 2003

[snip]
>     My girlfriend and I are building a
> self-sustainable home nessled in the
> mountains of the Chihuahuan desert.  We are building
> out of cob and stone
> (both readily available)and including the standard
> gridless setup (ie..
> rainwater catchment, solar and wind energy, passive
> solar design, etc).  We
> are also including modern conveniences like High
> speed satellite internet
> access, propane refrigeration, electric lights, etc.
[snip]

Hey Abe,
You may want to reply to this off-list, but I'm asking
publicly in case others are interested.  What's your
plan for that high-speed satellite internet access?
What are the hardware requirements, costs, etc?  I
guess I didn't know that kind of thing was practical
yet.  I'd had ugly pictures of having to get a
Certificate of Occupation in order to get a phone
connection in order to get a lousy slow dial-up....
I'd love to hear any alternatives you know about -- on
the list if others are interested, personally if
they're not.  Thanks,
adam