Cob: Not a forum for politics

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Thu Jan 16 23:53:42 CST 2003

Brent,
  please refrain from naive philosophical and dubious comments about
history.  Your last two for example contained some whoppers.  Let us
focus on earthen structures and materials that all can make and use
safely.

Thanks,
  Darel

---------------------------------------

Brent Flaco Wilson wrote:
> i would like to address 2 comments made.  One relating to life
> span of
> people from the past.  25 years is a little short sighted,
> that sounds as if
> a european aristocrat was describing the life span of a
> "savage." It has
> been said in the past of elders being 100 hundred winters or
> more.  IT seems
> as if those people who lived before this modern industrail
> time had healthy
> lifes, long ones, and the lifespan death rate is not really
> different then
> today, it's just that theres more people in documentation so
> it seems as if
> the birth rate and lifespan is up.  The other issue is the
> difference
> between "3rd" and "1st" world.  THere is in fact huge
> differences.  3rd
> world countries are not largely anglo saxon, imigrant,
> european descent, or
> wealthy.  THough they are in fact indigenous, culturally rich,
> poor, abused
> and used by the first world for rubber, oil, trees, fabric,
> food, etc.  We
> should actually focus on the difference and find out, it's our
> cars, our
> clothes, our jewelry our bananas, our beef that is furthering
> the distance
> between first and third world.  Oh and one more thing, native
> american
> persons, cultures are a whole mind set away from our current
> "western" flow
> of life.  Many of the native americans had harmonious
> lifestyles, being part
> of the earth, not dominating her etc.  I think it's important
> that we
> realized that our "us" power of pride way of life took mass
> genicide of
> natives, mass enslavement of africans, mass manipulation of
> poor pheasants ........

I prefer the local ones roasted with an orange sauce myself.