Cob:

Sheila Allan allan at direct.ca
Fri Jan 17 15:44:11 CST 2003

Hello, I'm new. I have a question about this method. Sounds like you throw
rocks in between to pieces of plywood and pour cement in the top. It seems
to me that there would be a lot of gaps in between the rocks using this
method. Am I not picturing it right? Are the sections of plywood really low
or is the cement incredibly wet?

Thanks,
-Sheila

> http://www.homestead.org/rockwork.htm
>
> There is another method that gives nice flat walls; it is much faster and
> you can use any shape rocks you wish. This method was described by Helen
And
> Scott Nearing, but many of the present-day homesteaders have never read
> their books. For this method you use two (or more) sheets of plywood for
the
> "forms" for your walls. Set the plywood in place on the foundation and use
> some wire to hold them apart for the width of wall that you want. I drill
> several matching holes in the two sheets of plywood, so that the wires
will
> line up. Pieces of wood, cut to the right size, can be used to hold the
> plywood apart until you can drop some rocks between them. You will need
some
> 2"X4"s to support the forms from the outside as well. Once you have enough
> rocks in your "form" to hold them in place, remove the pieces of wood.
Then