Cob: Re: Bentonite

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Sun Jan 19 14:10:47 CST 2003

On Sun, 19 Jan 2003, Matthew HALL(SED) wrote:

[snip]
> Finally, how much does it cost to buy and is it easily available?
[snip]

If you don't need large quantities, some of the clumping cat litters are
nothing but bentonite clay (check the ingredients on the side), though
many of them contain additives for various reasons, I have found that some
appear to be nothing but bentonite.  This is what I used to make an
insulation mix for a rocket bench stove, since for insulation you want
there to be as little clay as possible, only enough to bind the mix
together and bentonite being particularly sticky allows you to use alot
less.

FWIW