Cob: Strawbale/Carpentry/Cob Course (fwd)

Shannon C. Dealy dealy at deatech.com
Mon Jan 20 12:38:52 CST 2003

Strawbale/Carpentry course
May 15th-July 15th

Instructors: Mo Cordes, Kit Maloney, Tracy Calvert

The Place - Mayne Island B.C.

accepting 5 participants,4 placements remaining.

This course will be finishing the beautiful post and beam home that we
started spring 2002.  We will be finishing the exterior decks, framing all
interior walls, framing and creating the window assemblies and
constructing the loft.  We will install, secure and trim the strawbales
that will makeup the exterior walls.  During the 2 month S/B course, we
will have a 4 day Cob workshop (June13th-16th) in which we will construct
an interior bench with a rocket stove and a stair case.  The interior
walls will be straw-clay infill.  Then the plaster; earthen and lime.  As
you can see, this course will be extremely varied which is a great
oppurtunity to learn different N/B techniques and to be immersed in the
community.

Thank you for your time.  With much gratitude,

Tracy.

Check out our web page, www.cobworks.com.
For more info and enrollment contact, tracy at cobworks.com