Cob: cob workshops in texas

~ John Rupp ~ jrupprun at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 21 03:31:16 CST 2003

Hello from Santa Maria, California.
I've been reading the messages the last couple of weeks,
and enjoy the group's supportive and encouraging helpfulness.

I've been interested in earth construction for a long time,
built a small dome (on my desk) some 20 years ago, and am
most impressed with the use of cob.

My dream is to have a passive solar earth home in the country.

My parents have 15 acres north of San Antonio and I will be
visiting there soon.  It would be interesting to build some cob
structures and dwellings on the land, which is something I have
been visualizing for a long time.

The idea of getting people together for workshops is appealing.

I live in Santa Maria, California and the weather is great, but it
is also getting more crowded and is not in the country.  In the
meantime I am interested in making a cob dog house or a similar
structure, for practice.  For me, once I can do something on a
small scale, it is relatively easy to do it on a larger one.

I wonder if anyone has done anything like this on a small scale
and might have some ideas and suggestions.

Best regards,

John

--

John Rupp