Cob:Kit glass wall

Yun Que yunk88 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 27 13:53:32 CST 2003

<P><BR><BR></P>
<DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<P><BR><BR></P></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV></DIV>
<P>Cat here, the site and the position of your home and landscaping will all have something to say.  What kind of wind are we talking about? Summer breezes or hellasious north westerns?  Check out traditional Japanese building floor plans.  They had some wonderful options, bamboo fences, walls with round walk, look, through's that blocked visual and climate imperfections.  They also had sliding wall systems that opened the whole side of a home to a private garden in the towns.  The panels lived in little sheds when not in use that were incorporated into the house design.   They just slid away out of site to come out in the evening.   I have seen something similar but far more technical being done in malls.  Stick around until closing time and you may see one of these in operation and be able to fabricate your own.  These sliding panels can include a door as well when the glass wall is in place.  This may give you some ideas on screen panels that may be good to have.  An indoor outdoor kitchen I love it.  Do you do canning?  </P>
<DIV></DIV>
<P>You may be right some vent windows my be appropriate  also adding northern light.  I don't think they would need to be large. Maybe like a transom .  </P>
<P><EM>for the good of all </EM>Cat<BR><BR></P>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>From: "Jill hotmail" <WRITEJILL at HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Reply-To: "Jill hotmail" <WRITEJILL at HOTMAIL.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>To: "cob list" <COBLIST at DEATECH.COM>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Subject: Re: Cob:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 05:03:05 -0800
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>The door will be exposed, either by going up or sliding to the side. Which is perfectly okay with us. I only wonder if it will act as a pocket, and if I should install another pass through for the wind on the other side of the room. Or would that make it worse? -jill
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> ----- Original Message -----
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> From: Yun Que
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> To: writejill at hotmail.com ; coblist at deatech.com
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> Sent: Sunday, January 26, 2003 3:29 PM
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> Subject: Re: Cob:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> Cat here, That sounds fantastic!! Saw some industrial garage doors in Architectural Digest they were all glass panels in aluminum frames. I have seen these used in fire stations. Usually when you purchase these the installation is part of the warrantee, and they will have spec's that you will need to follow. Might want to find the doors now in the design stage to make it all come together. will the door be exposed above the kitchen when it's up? Great Idea for a breezeway patio between cob pods!!
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> for the good of all Cat
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >From: "Jill hotmail"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >Reply-To: "Jill hotmail"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >To: "cob list"
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >Subject: Cob:
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2003 00:58:47 -0800
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >We also would like to incorporate a "garage door" for one wall in the kitchen. Either sliding or the regular kind that goes up. Any suggestions on this and how to insulate this? I am enchanted by the idea of opening up the entire section of wall in the summer.
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>
<DIV></DIV>> >-jill