Cob: granite tile

Frances Grill grill at vtc.net
Wed Jan 29 07:47:25 CST 2003

Having laid a tile floor or two, I was curious how you are going to attach the granite? If a cob wall cracks you can plaster over. What will happen to this granite floor if the cob  settles ? Can it be set in cob with mud or what are you setting the tile with? What will you grout it with ? Can strawless cob be used or will it crack even as commercial cementacious grouts do occasionally?  Sounds pretty and ...warm in the winter> Good Luck .    Curious Pedro