Cob:

SANCO Enterprises, LLC chansey at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 31 07:06:53 CST 2003

Darel,

Glad you cleared up the definition of pise with:
 > PISE is an abbreviation of "pneumatically installed stabilized earth",
and is not a word that predates cob or adobe.<

because all along I was taught that pise was Latin for  "to crush the earth"
and was used in a construction technique called  "pise la terre" by the
French for at least 10 centuries to build multi-storied structures.  I must
have been mistaken about what I saw in Lyons, France in 1996.

Those of us who have completed Easton 101 recognize the in "his" terms, PISE
is only an acronym which he applies to his method of guniting material with
a 7-10% cement content and calling it rammed earth PISE. I see this as a
3-1/2 sack concrete mix.

Then again if you're a techie, PISE is a tool to generate Web interfaces for
Molecular Biology programs.

I guess we don't know dirt.

SANCO Enterprises, LLC
Paul Salas, General Manager