Cob: cob, pise

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 31 18:00:55 CST 2003

Actually I think it's incredibly confusing.  Pise with an accent on the end
is quite different from pise done by David Easton.  And some of the giant
buildings in Yemen, for instance, are classed by Evans as COB.  And nobody's
talked much lately about rammed earth BLOCKS, which are different from
adobe, and exist in different recipes and configurations.

It's a "But is it real folk music?" type question for the 21st century.
Lots of arguments for hours on end that settle nothing, because it is
inherently un-settleable.

And I managed to use 21st century almost naturally in a sentence.

Jill is trying to make sense out of a bunch of confusing and contradictory
definitions about various forms of earth building.