Cob: COB | rammed tire foundation

Michael Blaha michaelblaha2 at lycos.com
Sun Feb 9 05:07:33 CST 2003

Hello all,

I was wondering if anyone has tried a rammed tire foundation?  I hear that the tires off-gas nasties for 20 years...

Wonder if i covered the tires with a papercrete stuff if that would help?  or shall i just get the urbanite dumped off at the site....

I'm designing a cottage, which will be in Minnesota, USA
Hoping to include many round edges and free energy of the sun, a COB HOT TUB! In fact the hot tub is going to be the first thing built... then to the rest of the cottage.

Here is a link to my " I LOVE COB" page with some of my cottage drawings too. (temporary site -May 03)

http://www.aracnet.com/~portal/blaha/333/cob/index.html

m i c h a e l