Cob: Rubble trench / gabion foundation thoughts...

david walker dcg_walker at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 11 15:19:40 CST 2003

My thought was: Replace the loose material in the rubble trench with filled
gabions(apart from the very base of the trench which would be drainage rock
covering drainage pipe) to about 8-10 inches below grade then laying a
lime-mortar rock wall up to about 16-18 inches above grade where the cob
would begin.

I guess i should have clarified that first...sorry.  As for flooring, i paln
to have cob or slate.  No crawl space.  Again, do you think this sounds like
overkill for a modest home in a non-earthquake prone area?