Cob:

Darel Henman henman at it.to-be.co.jp
Wed Feb 12 20:36:03 CST 2003

The sauna's I've been in are very, very dry.  There was no steam.   I
think some country does pour water over hot rocks to make steam, but the
ones I've been in are just very, very hot.  The sweat comes out of you
to cool your body.   I've no experience with cob & sauna, but I don't
think it'd be a problem.

The wood pallet like on the floor is a great idea. It lets the water go
down and the air through it.  Some people lean it up against the wall
after use to let it dry out and help keep mold off it.   Others just use
it till it gets to moldy underneath (never had health problems with this
kind of mold) and then for a new year's celebration or something make a
new one.

Darel