Cob: waterproofing cob

Jill hotmail writejill at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 15 16:31:43 CST 2003

This list a great place to start, Kim.

As for the cement, I was trying to determine how to have a bathroom and kitchen sink area. Even if the tub and sink are bought at the store, the walls would get so wet from the steam... We are also looking at the floor. If I make the shower open, not store bought, the water will need to drain. So I am looking at cement for the shower floor.

I, too, understand that cement plaster will ruin the cob walls.

Best books are probably the usual suggestions, recently authored, rather than trying to find originals. But if you are interested, try this link

http://www.donhead.com/building.htm

The easiest to follow is from Ivanto, Smith or Becky Bee. Are you taking a workshop?