Cob: re: Washing Machines

david walker dcg_walker at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 21 19:16:26 CST 2003

Cephoe wrote:

Does anyone know of any washing machines out
there that
are suitable for DC/solar power?

Thanks,

Danby makes a washer that is generally used in parts of the world where
water is much more scarce.  It is known as a Twin Tub washer.  Here's a
link...

http://absoluteappliances.com/danspectwint.html

I believe (but am not sure)that you can re-use the water after spin-drying,
i.e. do you cleanest clothes first, and so on...I also believe it is 110
Volt powered so may be easier to use in an off-grid setup.

Hope this helps!

Dave and Darla Walker