Cob: Glass tub, used tubs

Amanda Peck ap615 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 22 09:32:29 CST 2003

Even pretty far out in the country (Hohenwald, TN) there are places that
collect, refinish, and sell used bath tubs.  What the prices are like I
don't know, but the advertising says it's MUCH less than an original from,
what is it, Renovator's Supply.  Yep, here it is.

http://www.rensup.com/

The clawfoots start around $1400 there--even the acrylic, billed as suitable
for upstairs.  The drop-ins around $800.  Kohler--read any expensive name
brand--from Lowe's--read ubiquitous hardware/home store-- or even a kitchen
and bath shop may be less than that.

so the bargain might still be out of reach in those styles.

Although I suspect that the "take it OUT OF HERE PLEASE" kind is still
available--from people remodeling, at an occasional garage sale.  Or even if
they're just tired of seeing it as a back yard planter.