Cob: Lets get it back on topic!

Mark Piepkorn duckchow at potkettleblack.com
Mon Feb 24 16:51:13 CST 2003

	I've been posting way too much here lately. Go for literally years without
opening my yap, and once I do, there's suddenly no shutting me up. (Nah,
don't fear, I'll clam up soon enough.)

	There are homesteady-type lists around. Shannon's concern about the
potential for things to get out of hand volume-wise is well-founded: when I
stopped following one incredibly busy usenet group of that ilk back around
'98 or so, it was generating several dozen messages a day. I just sorta
gave up. That said, it sure is hard not to slide into "off-topic" topics on
lists like this, precisely because of the organic appropriateness of it.

that not checking and dechecking the right checkboxes can result in
avalanches of spam) and do a search for email lists about "homesteading,"
you'll get 124 email lists. "Homestead" gives 1084 email lists.

	There are so MANY bright, funny, earth-friendly people around - when are
we going to hit critical mass? Maybe we already have, but we're such so
factionalized and disorganized and specialized that none of us realize it.
Pity.

	Is there a list for web designers who live in RVs? (I'm not a web
designer, though I sometimes play one on the internet. Abe Connally, on the
other hand...)