Cob: The roof

Micheal and Linda Fox mandlfox at msn.com
Tue Feb 25 07:57:15 CST 2003

I really liked the idea of a cob house, but the roof always bothers me. Even my experimental cob dog house only has a flat sod roof (rafters, built into the cob, support plywood which in turn is covered by what I think originally was a waterbed matress, which in turn will be covered by about 4 inches of dirt and strawberries this spring.) I get really gung ho when I think about cob, until I have to think about the roof. What is [everyone's] best roof idea for a cob house?

Micheal Fox